24 May 2018

Why I Like School Competitions


Respected madam, teachers and my dear friends,
“Why I like school competitions” That is my topic for the day.
There are many competitions in our school.
Painting competition, drawing competition, singing competition, dancing competition.
And many other competitions.
Sports and games.
Even handwriting competition.
“In a competition there will be winners and losers. Losers should not feel bad or sad.”
“This is one of the aims of school competition”
“ I have that.  In school we compete with each other and at the same time we are friends also”.
“This attitude I developed by participating in school competitions.”
Each activity or competition, conducted in school, is also giving us a chance to show our hidden talents.
It helps other students to know in which area each one is competent.
It helps us in many ways.
1. If I win it increases my confidence.
2. If I lose, I understand how much I need to improve.
3. Helps to understand the hidden talent and ability of others.

I never feel bad or hurt when I lose in a competition.
All competitions are like a game to me.
I treat other participants not as enemies but as my friends.
By joining in a competition, I become part of that fun and enjoy it fully.
It doesn't matter whether I participate as a contestant or not.
I can be part of whole fun even by watching the competition also.
But I take active interest in all these competitions.
That is also a way of participating in competitions.
I enjoy the whole event.
After each competition, among my friends, we discuss each ones performance.
I compare myself with the winner and try to improve myself.

I feel that all these competitions should be creative, interactive and interesting and should not be a burden on us.
It helps the all round development of us.
Participation in co-curricular and competitive activities is also important as our studies.
These competitive activities in classrooms are to encourage us to be competitive in all fields including studies.
Thank you.

No comments: