24 May 2018

Our School Uniform


Respected principal…..
Before I say what is my current topic, I will explain how I finally selected this one as my topic.
“June is over now and July has started. Still there is no rain. “
“ You can talk about this topic: Delayed Monsoon
That was the suggestion of my dad.
What will happen if the rain got delayed?” That was my doubt.
“There won’t be enough water in the lakes and dams.”
“Instead of every day, we may get water once in two days or three days only.”
 “There will be more power cuts”.
“Crops may die, and vegetables become costly.”
“It will affect all of us in one way or other.”
“OK then I will take Delay of Monsoon as my topic” I said very happily.
Suddenly a doubt came in to my mind.
“What happens if it starts raining  in a day or two?”
 “You can talk about flood and water logging.”
 I decided to pray for no rain till Saturday.”
while coming to school along with mom, I heard my mother discussing something with her friends.
THEY ARE NOT DISCUSSING ABOUT RAIN. They are talking about school uniforms!!.
 “God knows when we get the new uniforms. How long will we manage with this old one. “
“ I thought we will get the new one when the school re-opens. Now my son is wearing the same old one only. See the stains on it. “
“My daughter has become taller now and her skirt has become shorter . Her friends laugh at her and ask “Are you going to school to study or to play tennis.”
 “I got one from a student who changed the school.” Said another mother.
 “I am managing with the PT Uniforms”  said another  one.
“I got only one set of uniform.  Everyday I wash it in the evening and get it dry by next morning. If it rains in the night then how can I get it dry? So I am always confused whether to wash it or not.”
“That is the problem of all of us. We all got one pair only.” Others said.
“So the moms are praying not to rain still we get the new uniforms.”
In the classroom also we all are talking about the new uniform only.
One said “You know there is an over coat also”.
Another said  “it is black and white” .
“Not black and white. It is red and yellow” said another.
 “I saw it in the office. It is  blue.”
Each one started describing it according to their imagination.
One thing I am sure, we all are excited about the new uniform and are anxiously waiting to get it.
More than rain, school uniform is the hot topic for all of us.
So I decided our school uniform as my current topic.
There ended my search for a suitable current topic and here ends my allotted time of three minutes.
Bye.

No comments: